Wednesday 29 April 2020

Associations

When these trying times are over
Years fly by
And memories become folklore
I will associate these days
To recovery, rediscovery, identity crisis
But most importantly,
as I always do,
to music and cinema,
To a semi-biographical tale
Being developed into screenplay
And understanding 'honest' film making:
Realising what it means to be
Coming-of-age.
The girls I fancied
Briefly, after Palomi
Oorna
Maitrika
Heart-break, as being ghosted
Understanding a world of alternating shades of grey
Regretting my past foolishness
Missing a physical romance
Being locked in, fighting for agency
Trying to see where life takes me
Nail-biting angst and misery.
I shall associate these days
Also to two films that I hold close to my heart
Directed by husband-wife
Both Oscar-nominees and winners
The first, Marriage Story
and the second, Ladybird.
And to it's beautiful score, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment